Here’s a list of some of the things you can do to clean up your account, tune up your stats, and get the most out of what you have. Answer the questions below and you’ll be making a good start—>
Here are the common armor categories that you will want in your presets. On the right are listed good current armor for each category – but the ones on the right may change with time, or you may have some other preferences..
||Valiant Knight, Lava, Pegasus (might have 2 slots for this)
||Imperial General – or the new one: Supreme Exalted General
||Power Forged (also use this for powering up, salvaging or breaking items)
Keep these in the first 10 presets. Make sure you know where defense is (I like preset #1) so you can always find it fast.
Now use your armor – change armor for each task you do. Don’t build a building without construction armor, don’t research without your research gear. You will make BY FAR the most efficient use of your resources and get the farthest on less.
- Do you have armor in your presets?
- Is all the armor in a full set?
- Is all the armor legendary (yellow)?
- Is each piece powered up? Put on Power Forged gear, go to the Gear Workshop, select Power Up, and power up each piece to the max.
- Is the set leveled? As above, in Gear Workshop, go to Set Gear Leveling and level up the set.
- Have you added a set bonus? In the preset for that gear, click the Set Details button. Go to the bottom of that screen and press Set Special Bonus.
- Does each piece of armor have a gem set? Use all 4 slots. Try to use gem sets (for instance, all Mythic Divine gems). For some specific tasks like Construction and Research, there are special gem sets to help with that. (if you have a gem set selector token, make sure you have applied it so you can use gem sets. If not, you will need to do them one at a time.)
- Does the weapon have runes? Add them in the Gems/Runes screen.
- Have you applied all your VIP points? Go to VIP and add any points you have available.
- Have you leveled up your hero? At the top of your hero profile, you will see your hero level. Apply any XP points you have available. Unlock new levels as much as you can.
- Have you applied any avatars you have to avatar sets? When avatar sets are complete you earn a bonus! In city view, click on the Power section in the top middle. Click on your avatar icon to see the avatar sets. Once you have a full set, you can click Unlock to get the bonus. To apply avatars, find them in Items (open any chests you have that have avatars first). Click on each one (even if you think you already have it, just in case.) It will either use that avatar or say that you already have that avatar. Click them all to make sure you’ve applied any that are applicable. You should get a notice when you complete a set – then you need to manually go in and Unlock the bonus. (Extra avatars: sell them to the Bazaar. Daily Bonus Club will give you a button that lets you break them for power essence, if you get too many.)
Go to Armor Presets. Click the hero points below any armor and you will go to a skill tree screen. On that screen, choose Skill Preset at the top right. Here you can set up presets for basic tasks and use them over and over. Suggested hero skill presets:
- Training & Traps
- Crafting & Potions
- Research & Building
There may be others but these are a good start. Apply all the points you have available in each area. Also do the Monster points. When done, you will have saved Hero Skill presets. Now go back to your Armor Preset screen. Choose the skills button under each armor and equip the proper preset for that armor (ie, put the Defense skill tree on the Defensive armor.) You will have to equip the hero skills into each armor every time you change the skills. You will also have to equip the armor on your hero again to get the new skill tree.
- Have you set up skill point presets? Don’t type these every time into each piece of armor. Using the presets will save you a ton of time!
- Have you added all the available points to all the presets?
- Have you added the monster points to each preset?
- Have you equipped the skill points into each set of armor, using the appropriate skills for that armor’s purpose?
- Have you re-equipped your hero with armor that has the new presets?
- Have you reviewed this again after leveling up your hero? You will have more points to apply.
Every so often, redo your skill trees from scratch! Look on VE Training Room for suggested methods for building skill trees.
Always use Research Gear to use the least amount of resources and speed ups! Keep doing research. When you get attacked, you don’t lose your research so it is always a good investment. It opens up new things you can do, and makes you stronger. Pay attention to any kingdom-wide research bonuses available. Use boosts and blessings too.
- How’s your research going?
- Is there any new research that has opened up?
- NEW: Have you added gems to the research sockets? Add the best gems you can in the areas where it helps your goals the most.
Always use Construction Gear to use the least amount of resources and speed ups!
Upgrade buildings strategically to get your SH level up – that is, only upgrade the exact buildings you need to level up – so you don’t run of resources.
Every so often, you will catch up your other buildings to the SH level. Pay close attention to resource use. Sometimes levels take zero time or minimal resource use – do all that you can when that happens. For instance from level 24-30, you can upgrade with zero time.
- Have you upgraded your stronghold?
- Have you upgraded rural buildings to keep resource production up? (Also, do you have any resource boosts or upkeep reductions that you could be running?)
- Have you opened up all the plots you can? Open them up as soon as you can, and put something in them right away, and upgrade that as far as you can. That plot might as well be working to produce a resource and/or provide a boost. (You can change it later if you need to.)
- Have you upraded your Gymnos as much as you can? This one helps you keep the most hero XP if you lose an attack. It also gives you a bonus on hero XP.
- Have you upgraded other special buildings? They give two kinds of boosts. For instance if you upgrade your Training Garrison, you can power your equipment up to higher levels, but you will also get bonuses on resource use for powering up. Read the INFORMATION screens on each kid of building to see what it does for you.
- Have you applied building boosts? This is a topic all on its own, but if you have upgraded your buildings as far as you can, you may want to apply building boosts. Click on your stronghold, then on the Boost Manager Tab to find building boosts. These boosts are hidden – they don’t turn up in a scout or battle report, so they can give you an edge your opponent can’t see.